Where are the writing jobs? How do I get freelance writing projects? Who can I write online for?
I get asked these exact questions multiple times each week. The easy answer is: You have to look for them. They don’t magically appear on your desk each morning. Yes, getting into the freelance writing game takes a little time and effort, but it’s well worth it.
This week on the blog, I’m sharing a helpful list of resources that answer those questions.
So, let’s cut to the chase. I hope you find your next freelance writing gig after just a few clicks below.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links or advertisements. I earn a small commission if you click through them, which helps fund this website so I can continue to bring you amazing content. All opinions are my own.
12 Freelance Writing Job Boards and Lists
- Journalism Jobs: This site lists opportunities for both staff and freelance positions. Simply filter by keywords and location (including telecommute) to browse the writing job ads.
- JobLang: This website was formerly Freelance Job Openings. In early 2018, they re-launched as JobLang, a platform for job seekers who are multilingual. I did a quick search for writers, and it looks like they pull ads in from job search engines, including CareerBuilder, company websites with employment pages and news sites with job ads.
- ProBlogger: Updated daily, site owner Darren Rowse posts content marketing, blogging and tech writing gigs.
- Contena: View daily updates from various writing job boards all in one spot to save time.
- Indeed: Traditional job search sites DO cater to freelancers. Browse opportunities on Indeed by keyword and location.
- Monster: This famous job-searching site also helps contract workers. Type “freelance” in the search box to get started.
- Blogging Pro: Blogging and copywriting jobs are searchable by full-time, part-time, internship, contract, temporary and freelance.
- FlexJobs: This is the ultimate freelance job database, especially if you’re looking for more than writing jobs.
- Simply Hired: Search by category or keywords on this sleek, easy-to-maneuver website.
- All Indie Writers: This job board is listed by date and includes pay rates.
- Freelance Writing: I enjoy this site’s daily email newsletter filled with links to writing jobs.
- Media Bistro: Click on the Find a Job section and browse the list or refine your search by location, keyword, industry, duration or company. (Update: As of February 2020, this job listing appears to no longer be available.)
Finally, if you have a dream client you’d love to work for, let them know. Reach out on social media or email the editor and ask if they’re currently working with freelance writers and accepting pitches. Tell them what YOU can do for them. Sometimes it truly is that easy to land a writing gig!
Never miss another post from Web Writing Advice. Get email updates by subscribing. As a bonus, I’ll send you my free e-book, “18 Ways to Increase Online Writing Productivity and Earnings”. Click HERE.
Note: This post was last updated on August 10. 2022.
3 Replies to “12 Freelance Writing Job Boards and Lists”
Comments are closed.