I get it. Business meetings. Client calls. Urgent paperwork. We all have a mountain of tasks waiting for us each morning.
But you MUST make time to start, update and maintain a business blog.
Whether you write for your employer’s company blog, or you’re a small business person with your own website, a blog brings business to your front door.
I started Web Writing Advice a little over a year ago. I recently reviewed my goals for the website. The services and opportunities that I thought would generate income haven’t happened yet.
But, that’s fine.
I’m shocked and elated to realize that Web Writing Advice has been padding the bank account by becoming an inbound marketing tool.
In simplified terms, a blog brings customers to you. Inbound. Once they’re at the doorstep of your blog, you have the opportunity to wow them with your talent, skills, product and services. (And make sales!)
6 Quick Reasons Every Business Person Needs A Blog
- A maintained, active blog builds credibility within your niche and expertise.
- A blog shows off your writing skills and ability to think logically.
- Potential customers can find you (and information about your business) when searching Google.
- A blog shows consistency over the long-term. It takes effort and dedication to keep a blog current.
- You can start building trust and confidence in a potential customer by showing off your knowledge.
- Blog posts are mobile. Every time a post is Shared, Tweeted, Pinned or Stumbled, your information is broadcast to a new audience.
So, what are you waiting for? Go blog! (It’s not just a hobby anymore!)