I’m not a robot.
I’m amazed at the number of times people actually say, “You’re real?” Well, yes. Yes I am.
There is a human behind the keyboard penning all these blog posts, marketing content for companies and crazy/helpful/funny Tweets.
I’m a 30-something gal making a living as a writer and photographer in Iowa. I grew up on a stereotypical rural landscape, cuddled chickens as pets and rode a horse before I could walk. To this day, I still wear cowboy boots often and volunteer with an animal-assisted therapy program.
After high school, I studied journalism and mass communications at the University of Iowa. Funny story: I remember the day the J-school came out with the new course guide and everyone laughed at the class titled New Media. Working on computers? That’ll never take off. (I didn’t take the class.)
After donning a cap and gown in 1999, I ventured into the print media industry as a photojournalist and features writer for a few daily and weekly newspapers. Since no journey is complete without a few detours, I’m happy to say I’ve also worked as a cashier, sold cameras, tried to open my own photo studio and have spent time as a volunteer coordinator.
Just for fun, here’s 10 random facts about me, then I want to learn about you!
- My second year of college was spent studying abroad in Australia.
- I subscribed to 3+ newspapers at all times during college — and read them all.
- Rock n’ roll fuels my (musical) soul.
- I’ve been a vegetarian since 1998.
- My pet tortoises are named after the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
- I still write and mail letters to my grandmother.
- I’m addicted to eyeliner and lip gloss.
- I once flew in an acrobatic airplane to “get the shot”.
- My favorite colors are blue and purple.
- I’ve never seen the movie Frozen.
Was that random enough? Now it’s your turn! See that Leave a Comment heading down below? Send me a note!