Editing and revising is part of the writing process. So, get used to it.
Know your client’s guidelines and review them before submitting your work. Use this writing checklist to avoid time-consuming, everyday basic edits. Then spend your time on the good stuff — like editing for content and clarity — or moving on to your next project.
- Use the correct comma. Does the client prefer an Oxford comma or AP style?
- Are bullet points and numbered lists required?
- Did you remember to use the proper font size and style?
- Are you required to embed and hyperlink a photo into your post?
- Did you attribute your sources?
- Is your keyword integration seamless?
- Did you meet a required word count?
- Did you include required back links?
- Does the voice of the post match the client?
How’s your writing going this week? Tell me what you’ve been working on in the comments below.